Fatwa ID: 02328
Answered by: Maulana Maruf Ahmed
According to some book of fiqh, breasts of mahram women is not satar.
(1) What was the possible reason behind excluding breasts from being
part of awrah?
(2) And what is the present view of minimum covering in front of mahram
(3) Does the awrah of mahram women depends on urf of a specific country
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah the most Beneficent, the most Merciful
- The awrah of a free woman includes her breasts.
The view off the Hanafi Fuqaha can be found on the following link:
- The awrah of men and women is determined by the Qur’an & Sunnah and is not subject to change with the changes of time and place.
And only Allah knows best.
Written by Maulana Maruf Ahmed
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham