Fatwa ID: 02028
Answered by Eunus Ali
As Salam alaikum.
My kid is not well from last 1 month.we r taking him to doctor regularly.Thei said he has viral fever ,but now after full course of medication his fever is still existing. They have now given fever reducing medicine which works temporarily and again comesback.My kid was doing very well .he slept fine and early morning he had severe fever.After a weeks medication hhe was ok and went to masjid for ishan and came back with a hhead ache and slept and since tthat night he has very high fever.Im fed up giving medicines now.I sometimes doubt tat it might be because of evil eye or influence of jinn or black magic.Im very confused plz help me how can i overcome from this.what should i do or read any verses of quran for this.
Firstly we make dua that Allah grants your child a fast and blessed recovery.
Secondly there are many verses of the Quran and Duas that can be read in such situations. Some of these are listed below:
- Surah Fatihah: This surah contains the cure for all illnesses. (Ma’ariful Quran, Volume 1, Page 54)
- Surah Falaq and Surah Naas: To recite these two surahs and blow into the hands which are then rubbed over the body as was the practice of the Prophet (peace be upon Him). (Ma’ariful Quran, Volume 8, Page 921-922)
- Surah Baqarah (complete)
Narrated Abu Hurairah: that the Messenger of Allah () said: "Do not turn your houses into graves. Indeed Ash-Shaitan does not enter the house in which Surat Al-Baqarah is recited." (Sunan At-Tirmizhi: 2877)
- AyatulKursi: This is the greatest verse of the Quran. (Ma’ariful Quran, Volume 1, Page 633)
- The Last 2 verses of Surah Baqarah.
It is narrated by Abu Mas'ud : The Prophet () said, "If somebody recites the last two Verses of Surat al-Baqara at night, it will be sufficient for him.” (Sahih Bukhari:5051)
Commenting on the possible meanings of the phrase it will be sufficient for himHafiz IbnHajar has stated: therecitation of these 2 verses will serve as a protection againstthe evil of shaitan, man and jinn. (Fathul Bari, Volume 9, Page 65, Darul Hadith)
- Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) has reported: The Prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate: "Allahummainnia'udhubikaminal-barasi, wal- jununi, wal-judhami, wasayyi'il-asqami' (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leucoderma, insanity, leprosy and evil diseases)."(SunanAbiDawood 1554)
- Narrated Ibn `Abbas:The Prophet (ﷺ) used to seek Refuge with Allah for Al-Hasan and Al-Husain and say: "Your forefather (i.e. Abraham) used to seek Refuge with Allah for Ishmael and Isaac by reciting the following: 'O Allah! I seek Refuge with Your Perfect Words from every devil and from poisonous pests and from every evil, harmful, envious eye.' (A’oodhu bi kalimaatAllaah al-taammah min kullishaytaaninwahaammahwa min kulli ‘ayninlaammah) (Sahih Bukhari:3371)
- Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon Him) said: “Whoever says three times when he reaches the evening: ‘I seek refuge in Allah’s Perfect Words from the evil of what he created, (A`ūdhubikalimātillāhit-tāmmāti min sharrimākhalaq)’ no poisonous sting shall harm him that night.” (One of the narrators) Suhail said: “So our family used to learn it and they used to say it every night. A girl among them was stung, and she did not feel any pain.” (Sunan At-Tirmizhi: 3604)
The above mentioned Quranic verses and Prophetic Duas are only a selected few from amongst the ocean of verses and duas.
Finally, Thabit narrated from Anas, who said “The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:‘Let one of you ask his Lord for his every need, even until he asks Him for the strap of his sandal when it breaks.’” (Sunan At-Tirmizhi: 3624, DarulFikr)
It is clear from the above hadith that we should make dua for whatever we may be in need of at all times, hence sincere dua should be made abundantly to Allah.
Only Allah knows best
Written by Eunus Ali
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham