Duas for Rizq
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.
First and foremost one should understand that sometimes if a person behaves in an un-Islamic way hat could lead to Allah (SWA) restricting his rizq and sustenance.
- · Sins and bad actions decreases a person’s rizq, however, on the contrary if someone refrains from sins and shortcomings and fears Allah then Allah (SWA) promises hat person rizq.
“And whoever fears Allah, for him Allah brings forth a way out, and gives him provision (rizq) from where he does not even imagine…” (Surah Talaq v.2 – v.3)
- Similarly, placing trust in Allah will also assist someone in increase of rizq.
“And whoever places his trust in Allah, He is sufficient for him.” (Surah Talaq v.3)”
- Seeking Istighfar and repentance from Allah.
“Saying ‘Ask forgiveness from your Lord; for He is Oft- Forgiving; He will send rain to you in abundance; “‘And give you increase in wealth and sons; and bestow on you gardens and bestow on you rivers (of flowing water)” (Surah Nuuh v.10-v.12)
- Maintaining family relations.
Saaiduna Anas Radiallahu Anhu narrates that the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said, “Whoever would like to see his provision expanded and his life extended, let him maintain his ties of kinship” (Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)
- Reciting Surah Waqiah. (Chapter 56)
Ibn Kathir narrates from Ibn Asakir that Saaiduna Ibn Masud Radiallahu Anhu heard the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam say, “Whoever recites Surah Waqiah every night will suffer from poverty.” (Hadith taken from Maariful Qur’an p.280 v.8)
Only Allah Knows Best
Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham