Fatawa service

CategoriesKnowledge [325]

Fatwa ID: 02211

Answered by Molana Eunus Ali


As-salamu ´alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu honorable Mufti, I
have a question: can a woman become Muftiyyah?
And there are some Hanafi Darul Ifta for women?
Thank You very much
Kind regards wassalam




Just as a woman may study to be a doctor, solicitor, school teacher etc. she can also study to be a Hafizah, Alimah and Muftiyyah.

Islamic knowledge is not restricted to men only.

Furthermore by the grace of Allah all mighty we in Darul Ilm Birmingham offer the Ifta course which is open to both brothers and sisters.

For further details in regards to the course and enrolment please refer to the following link:


Alternatively you may call this number for further details:

+ (44) 07913 238026

Only Allah knows best

Written by Molana Eunus Ali

Darul Ifta Birmingham.

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

About the author