How To Seek Forgiveness for Disrespecting the Quran When Young

CategoriesQur'an [154]

Fatwa ID: 05821


Answered by: Maulana Nazrul Islam




How does one seek forgiveness for disrespecting the Qur’an? Specifically, I am referring to an incident when I was a young child, 5-6 years of age. I threw the Qur’an to the floor in a fit of rage. I did not comprehend the significance of the Qur’an at that age. I know I must repent. Is the payment of Kaffara and/or Sadaqah required in this situation? I am very grateful for any wisdom could provide.



In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful




Ummul Mu’minin Aisha R.A. Narrated: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: There are three (persons) whose actions are not recorded, a sleeper till he awakes, an insane till he is restored to reason, and a boy till he reaches puberty. Abi Dawud 4398


Children are not responsible to follow any of the obligations of Islam till they reach puberty.


You can seek Allah’s forgiveness for that incident and that will suffice.


There’s no Kaffarah or payment for this.


However, if you still want to donate you can.



Only Allah knows best.

 Written by Maulana Nazrul Islam

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham






About the author