Various questions of Taharah and Salah
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.
· If you spit or you pick nose and you are not sure if blood comes out so you then spit or you pick nose again and no blood comes out is your wudhu valid.
There is a principle in Islamic jurisprudence which is:
“Certainty is not lifted by a doubt.” (Al Ashbah Wan Nadhair p.60)
Therefore if one is doubtful and uncertain of breaking his wudhu then such a doubt will not invalidate one’s wudhu, as the certainty of wudhu will not be lifted by the doubt of breaking his wudhu.
· In ghusl do you have to sniff water in your nose or will pouring suffice
There are two words which can be found in the books of hadith. One is Istinshaaq and the other is called Isthinthaar. Istinshaaq is taking water into the nose and breathing it into its backmost part whereas, Istinthaar is expelling the water from the nose after Istinshaaq.
According to Imam Abu Hanifa (RA)Istinshaaq is obligatory in a ritual bath and Isthintaar is desirable. (Durre Mandhuud p.167 & p.279 v.1)
The conclusion we can come to is that as long as the water is reaching the backmost part of the nose, pouring will be sufficient.
- Do you have to gargle when fasting
The fast is not broken by gargling as long as one does not swallow the water. However, it is best to refrain from it as there is a danger of the fast breaking. (Nurul Idah p.40)
· If one side/a bit of your forehead is in the ground on sajdah is it valid
The Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said: “I have been commanded to prostrate on seven bones: on the forehead, and he pointed to his nose, and on the two hands, the two knees and the edges of the two feet (i.e. the toes) (Sahih Bukhari)
As long as the sajdah was made on some part of your forehead, it will be considered done.
· If you start a qadha namaz/witr/nafl/fardh/sunnat during zuhr and finish during asr is it valid or do you have to repeat it
· same question as above but time between (fajr and sunset) (asr and maghrib) (maghrib and isha) (isha amd fajr)
Your salah will be done.
With regards to salah before sunrise or sunset, Saaiduna Abu Hurairah (RA) narrates that the Prophet of Allah (Pbuh) has said “Whoever find one rakat of Fajr prayer before the sun rises he has found his Fajr prayer and whoever finds one rakat of Asr prayer before the sun sets he has found the Asr prayer.” (Sunan Tirmizi P45 v1)
There is an unanimous view that whilst performing Asr Salah if the sun sets in between the Asr Salah would be done. However Imam Tahawi (RA) has said that ones Asr Salah will be annulled.
With regards to the first part of the hadith there are differences of opinions. Imam Shafi, Imam Malik and Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal Rahmatuallahi Alayhim have said that the same way ones Asr Salah is done similarly a person whilst reading his Fajr prayer if the sun rises his Fajr Salah would be done. Imam Abu Hanifa Rahmatullahi Alayhi has said that ones Fajr Salah would not be accepted.
Mufti Taqi Uthmani (DB) in his Dars Tirmizi has written that the hadith (which I have mentioned above) contradicts the view of the Hanafi Fiqh and many answers have been given to reconcile the Hanafi viewpoint according to this hadith however a content answer or reconciliation has not been given. Therefore Moulana Rashid Ahmad Gonghohi (RA) has said that one should avoid giving different interpretations to this hadith and openly say that the Hanafi viewpoint with regard to the issue is against our understanding. Hence if a person begins his Fajr Salah prior to the sun rising and completes it whilst the sun is rising the Salah will be done. (Dars Tirmizi p.433-p.440 v.1)
· If you have hiccups or burping which causes stopping in between ayats. What should you do repeat the ayats or carry on t it. praying
· If you stop in the middle of an ayat should you repeat the ayat or carry on eg you pray subhana instead of subhanarabbiyalaadheem
You should repeat it.
· What are the compulsory things for niyyat of salah on your own and behind congregation eg think of rakkatts imam what salat
If you are praying by yourself it is necessary that you are specific with your intentions, in terms of the name of the salah and if you are praying behind an Imam, it is sufficient just to make the intention of following behind the Imam. (Raddul Muhtar p.95-p.98 v.2)
· If you are not in the kabah but in the uk and you know the qiblah but intentially pray 30 degrees wrong in your house is your namaz counted
For a person who lives far away from Makkah Mukkaramah, it could sometimes be very hard to predict the exact direction of Qiblah; therefore scholars gave different rulings to how many degrees out from the direction of the Qiblah one could be allowed in order for their salah to be valid. Scholars agree that anyone whilst facing in the direction of the Masjidul Haram, moves away from the 450 mark, then his prayers would become invalid. (Marrifus Sunan p.377 v.3)
With regards to your question, a Masjid intentionally should not have their Qiblah up to 450 away from the direction of the Qiblah. However, if they do, the salah would be valid. The reference given above from Maulana Yusuf Binnori’s (RA) Maarifus Sunan applies for whether it is done intentionally or unintentionally.
· If urine is inside the private part and the private part is sqeezed urine will come out however if you do not squeeze the private part no urine will come out. In a case like this would wudhu break. This applied to a circumcised person so has no foreskin
As long as the urine does not come out of the hole in the penis your wudhu will remain intact. Any passing of water you feel in the urethra as long as it does not come out will not break the wudhu. (Fatawa Darul Uloom Deoband p.135 v.1)
· In wudhu if you pour water some where then rub it to some where else but that water that is rubbed does not drop off the skin is wudhu done.
Yes, it will be done.
· If you wash impurity in the bathtub then sometime the water goes on the tiles, now if you touch this water later on does your body become napak, as this water has no taste coulour or smell.
· When your body is wet and you touch something that is also wet and impure. Does your become impure if there is no trace of the impurity on your body. no taste coulour or smell
The water will be impure and also your body as well.
· If an aamil tells a women to remove her purdah show hair and face to cure black magic is he committing a sin
· If you wake up from sleep and your pants are clean or have impurity the size of a needle can you do wudhu and pray namaz or do you have to wash your private part first
Question is unclear.
· If mazi sperm comes after waking up form sleep with no desire E.G URINATION but it is not on your underpant is ghusl wajib
The jurists have said if you not sure whether the liquid is mani or madhi then it is still obligatory to perform a ghusl.
Saaidah Aaisha Radiallahu Anha relates that the Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam was asked about a man who finds wetness (semen from ejaculation) but does not remember having a wet dream. So He Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam said, “He must perform ghusl” and he was asked about a man who thinks he had a wet dream but finds not wetness. So He Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalam said: “he does not have to perform ghusl.” So Umm Sulaim Radiallahu Anha asked, if a woman finds wetness, does she have to perform ghusl? He said; yes, women are the partners of men.” (Sunan Abi Dawud p.35 v.1)
The liquid which comes out after watching any illicit material is called madhi, thus, ghusl will not be necessary, but your wudhu will break. (Raddul Muhtar p.300 v.1)
Only Allah Knows Best
Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham