Fatwa ID: 05381
Answered by: Mufti Muhammad Imad Ali
What are the compulsory acts of salah?
In the name of Allah the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
There are six compulsory acts (Faraidh) of Salah. They are as follows;
- Takbeer Tahreemah.
- Qiyaam (standing) position.
- Qiraa-ah (recitation of at least three short ayaat of the Holy Qur’an).
- Rukoo (to bow the upper half of the body).
- Both the Sajdahs (to prostrate on the ground).
- Qa’dah Akheerah (to sit so long at the end of the last Rakat of any namaz that one can read the Tashah-hud)
(Ta’leemul Haq, page, 93).
Only Allah knows best.
Written by Mufti Muhammad Imad Ali
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham