Will Two Boys From a Previous Marriage Receive Inheritance From the Father Death

CategoriesInheritance [120]

Fatwa ID: 05701


Answered by: Maulana Syed Johir Miah




I have a question a sister has asked me.


She said that her husband has 2 children from a previous marriage, one 16 years old and the other 18. They are causing trouble in the house, disrespecting parents etc. She wants to know if it is a sin upon her or her husband if they ask these boys to find their own place and live together elsewhere. She has made it clear they are not putting them out on the streets, rather for the sake of peace they wish for them to move out.


Will they get sin for asking them to move out by January?


Also, the parents are buying a house together and they will put the house in the youngest child’s name that they have together.


Will the 2 elder boys from the previous marriage receive any inheritance in the case of the father’s death for this house which will not be in the father’s name?



In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful




Family comes in great challenges and teenage is an age that brings more many challenges than any other age. Sometimes teenagers need attention and due to not getting it, they can be mischievous. Maybe because they are away from their mother and are missing a mothers love.


Although they can be told to move out and the father can either contribute or help them with their accommodation etc, it may be the case that if we get to the cause of the problem, maybe then we can sort something out.


It is nice to hear the sister will not put the teenagers on the streets and therefore increase the family problems. However, maybe as a last resort to tell them to move out. Primarily I advise the family to have a proper heart to heart meeting involving the whole family and try to see the cause of the problem.


In the aforementioned case, if the parents buy a house and they put the house in the youngest sons name that they have together, then the 2 elder boys from the previous marriage can receive an inheritance in the case of the father’s death.



Only Allah knows best.

Written by Maulana Syed Johir Miah

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham





About the author