Fatwa ID: 05172
Answered by: Mufti Eunus Ali
1. I want to know if it is permissible to insert my finger inside my wife’s vagina and stimulate her till she reaches orgasm?
2. Is it permissible to have sex while standing in the bathroom while having a shower?
3. Is it permissible for my wife to stimulate my penis till I ejaculate outside?
4. Is it permissible for both of us to look at each other\’s private parts/genitals?
In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
- Imam Abu Yusuf (may Allah be pleased with him) has stated: I asked Imam Abu Hanifah (may Allah be pleased with) about a man who touches his wife’s private part and she touches his private part so that he reaches an erection, is there any problem with this? He replied: No, and I have hope that he will be rewarded for it. (Al-Fatawa Al-Hindiyyah, Volume 5, Page 404, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah)
It is understood from the answer of Imam Abu Hanifah (may Allah be pleased with him) that not only is it permissible but also recommended, particularly for the husband to practice this on his wife as women take longer to reach an orgasm. (Islamic Guide to Sexual Relations, Page 63, Huma Press)
In conclusion, mutual masturbation between the husband and wife is permissible, however, self-masturbation is not permissible. (Tafseer Qurtubi, volume 6, page 416, Darul Hadith & Ma’ariful Quran, volume 6, page 298, Idaaratul Ma’arif)
2. Allah has stated:
Your women are for you a soil to cultivate. So, come unto your soil from where you will, and advance something for yourselves, and fear Allah and know that you are to meet Him and give good news to the believers.” (Surah Baqarah: 223)
Commenting on the above-mentioned verse Mufti Shafi (may Allah have mercy upon him) has stated that it is permissible to have sexual relations
with one’s spouse in any position desired provided the penetration is in the vagina. (Ma’ariful Quran, volume 1, page 561, Maktab-e-Darul Uloom)
3. Please refer to answer number 1.
- It is narrated by Bahz bin Hakim (may Allah be pleased with him): “My father narrated to me from my grandfather, who said: ‘I said: “O Messenger of Allah! Regarding our ‘Awrah (private part), what of it must we cover and what of it may we leave?” He said: “Protect your ‘Awrah except your wife or what your right hand possesses.” (Sunan At-Tirmizi: 2996)
It is permissible for the spouses to look at the entire body of each other from head to toe, however, it is superior to avoid looking at the private part although it is permissible. (Al-Fatawa Al-Hindiyyah, Volume 5, Page 404, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah & Al-Hidayah, Volume 4, Page 464, Maktabe Rahmaniyah)
Only Allah knows best
Written by Mufti Eunus Ali
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham