Fatwa ID: 04199
Answered by: Maulana Muhammad Adnan
What is the ruling on making bad dua for himself due to Waswasa?
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
It is not permitted to make dua for harm to come to yourself, this is a trick from Shaytaan. Wasaawis can be combated in many ways which are as follows:-
1. Remind yourself constantly that these thoughts are from Shaytaan, how can I listen to them and give them credence? How can they be correct and authentic?
2. Implore Allah (SubhanahuWaTa’ala) in Du’aa to alleviate you from your predicament. Du’aa is the most powerful weapon of the believer.
3. All that is needed is resolute courage and firm determination to extricate oneself from such a problem. Never give up hope. Always tell yourself that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
4. Recite the Ta’awwuz as much as possible.
5. Recite the following Du’aa:
لا حول و لا قوة الاالله
“There is no power to neither do any good nor prevent any evil except in Allah”
6. Recite Surah Falaq, Surah Naas, and Surah Ikhlaas thrice as much as possible.
7. Allah (SubhanahuWaTa’ala) says in the Qur’an:
الا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب
“Behold! The hearts attain tranquillity through the Zikr of Allah” (13:28)
The above verse expounds on the importance of Zikrullah. Make excessive Zikrullah and Insha’Allah, your heart will find tranquillity and peace from such thoughts. Shaytaan flees from the person who makes Zikrullah.
8. Read the book “Combating the whisperings of Shaytaan” by Hadhrat Moulana Yunus Patel Saheb (RahmatullahiAlayhi). Kindly refer to the following link to download the book:http://islamicexorcism.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/combating-the-whisperings-of-shaytaan.pdf
Only Allah knows best
Written by Mufti Muhammad Adnan
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham