Fatwa ID: 01610
Answered by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
How will Masbooq complete his salah
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.
A masbooq is one who joins the congregation after the first ruku has been performed. Here are some rulings of a masbooq:
- The masbooq will follow the Imam and then complete any rakats that were missed. In the last sitting, the masbooq will recite only Attahiyat and would not recite any duruud shareef.
- After the Imam completes the second salam, he will arise and perform the missed rakaats. He would not do the salam with the Imam. (Fatawa Hindiyyah p.91 v.1)
- In terms of recitation, he will assume to be in the first rakaat, thus he will recite Thana, Tawuuz, Bismillah, Surah Fatiha and a Surah. (Fatawa Hindiyyah p.91 v.1)
- In terms of sitting, the rakaats performed with the Imam will be adjusted to the remainder of the rakaats. For example, if he read one rakaat with the Imam and missed three rakaats then the first rakaat he stands up for will be considered as his second rakaat. (Fatawa Hindiyyah p.91 v.1)
- If a person joins the congregation when the Imam is in ruku, it is compulsory to stand and recite Takbeer Tahrimah and to stand at least for the duration of one SUBHANALLAH and then go into ruku.
- If the masbooq by mistake does salam after the Imam’s salam then sajdah sahwe will be necessary, otherwise no. (Fatawa Darul Uloom Deoband p.192 v.5)
Only Allah Knows Best
Mohammed Tosir Miah