Fatwa ID: 04614
Answered by: Mufti Eunus Ali
Assalamu Alaikum, Maulana Eunus Ali. Jazak Allah Khair for your reply.
It means a lot to me. I am happy that this business is halal. But just to have complete comfort with the business, I have two more questions.
1. Is it okay to sell from the website they provide for individual sellers? In this, the product goes straight from the company to the buyer so it never reaches me. I get a commission from every sale I would make from my website.
2. Some of the creams contain collagen and some other animal ingredients that are from sheep (never pigs). I don’t think the sheep are slaughtered in a halal way though. Would it be permissible to sell these products, use these products, or have other team members who join my team to distribute these products?
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
- Firstly in a transaction whereby there is an advance payment (known as Al-Bay’ As-Salam) as is found in most internet transactions (as the payment is made first and only after the payment is cleared the item is dispatched), there are many conditions which need to be clarified at the time of the transaction/payment such as:
- The type of item
- The category of the item
- The description/quality of the item
- Amount/quantity of the item
- A designated time for the item to be delivered
- The existence of the item at the time of making the contract
- The item must be specified
- The item must be measurable (weight, quantity, amount etc.)
When these conditions are met, it will be permissible to take advance payment on an item.
Therefore any item sold on the internet meeting the above conditions will be permissible to sell.
Secondly, as an individual seller of the company you are a representative of the company and therefore any business conducted for them will be permissible as well as the commission although you may not physically have the item as it will be coming from the company to the customer.
- Such items can be used and sold as provided that they are not deprived of any parts of a pig or impure
Please refer to the link below:
Only Allah knows best
Written by Mufti Eunus Ali
Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham
 Al- Fatawa Al-Hindiyyah, Volume 3, Page 183 & 184, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah
 Al- Fatawa Al-Hindiyyah, Volume 3, Page 200, Darul Kutubul Ilmiyyah