Fatwa ID: 01644
Answered by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah
The ruling of getting married in Islam
The ruling on marriage is split up into the following categories:
- Obligatory (Farz): This is when an individual has an overwhelming level of sexual desire in a way that he/she is certain of committing adultery.
- Necessary (Wajib): This is when an individual has such sexual desires in a way that one fears committing adultery or cannot prevent himself from masturbation.
- Sunnat Muakkadah: This is for an individual who is in a moderate state. His sexual desires are not overwhelming like in the above two situations.
- Severely Disliked (Makruh Tahrimi): This is for an individual who fears being unjust or oppressive to the spouse, even if there is a strong urge of sexual desires.
- Unlawful (Haraam): This is when one is certain of being unjust and unfair to his wife. (Raddul Muhtar p.63-67 v.4)
Only Allah Knows Best
Mohammed Tosir Miah
Darul Ifta Birmingham